I didn't get to take too many pictures because I was too preoccupied with all the food I was preparing for Dan's birthday dinner. I forgot to take pictures of the turkey I made (my first one ever too!); I was pretty mad at myself for that. But luckily, I didn't neglect to take a couple of pictures of the cake.
In the process of decorating the cake with fruit.
The final result! Two layers of white cake with white chocolate buttercream frosting, topped with strawberries and mandarin orange slices. Yum yum ^__^
It's not perfect (notice the strawberry juice staining the buttercream >.<), but it was a big hit and that's all that matters. I'll always have more opportunities to hone my baking skills. Teehee. Especially next year; it's going to be a baking fest over at GLC. Between the two of us, Steph and I will have enough baked goods in our apartment to run an underground bakery. But that's still a while away from now. Currently, I just want to be able to bake in my own house. I can't wait until the house is done with all the remodeling. I want to bake. I need to bake.
I have a job interview tomorrow! How exciting. I hope I get the job; I so need the money.
1 comment:
wow, that cake looks delicious! :9 good job christy! i wish i was as articulate as you in baking. the last time i made brownies (not too long ago..) it looked like a mush of chocolate mud cake hahaha but practice is the key to baking!
where do you get your recipes from?
xox
Post a Comment