Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Belated summer foodie adventures

So as I am sitting here in Rush Rhees, reluctant to begin my studying, I realize that there are a good amount of foodie pictures from the summer I've neglected to blog about. And right now, blogging seems so much better than studying for my Chinese quiz tomorrow and more interesting than reading my assignments for my history classes. And a-here we go...

For Father's Day this year, I got to try this trendy new Asian fusion restaurant in Flushing called Mulan (the real reason is because the wait was too long for dimsum, so we opted for this, which I didn't mind because I like trying new things!)


Nice ambiance and trendy decor.

They had a prix fixe lunch menu so we just ordered off of that. We had to choose from a selection of soups, salads, main course and a dessert.


This is the soup that I ordered - Asian chowder - it was nice, kind of like an Asian play on clam chowder minus the cream, though I thought it was a little too salty. But my dad seemed to enjoy it.



The jellyfish salad I had. I liked this a lot - it was sweet and a little spicy and sour with a hint of cilantro, which was nice and refreshing.



And this was the entree I ordered, ginger duck. I really enjoyed it! The ginger was very subtle and the duck was cooked very well. Mmm, looking at the picture makes me want to eat it right now!!! My picture of it isn't that great but it tasted so good.


And finally, dessert - green tea pudding. It wasn't too sweet, which was nice and the green tea flavor was light and delicious. Overall, it was a very enjoyable meal. It was just the right amount of food and I left feeling happy and full.

Mmmmmmmmm, I wish I had the time to post up more pictures of the food I ate during the summer, but these Chinese characters aren't going to memorizing themselves. Back to studying... T_T

No comments: