Friday, December 26, 2008

And just like that, Christmas is over.

Christmas is over! Already?
What.

All those weeks building up to it and all of a sudden, it's all gone. But this year, Christmas was decent. My parents and I spent Christmas with my dad's old friend from Shanghai. He and his family flew in from Chicago to see New York City and catch up about everything and reminisce about the old days. It was nice. We had a lovely Christmas dinner and then spent the evening walking and shoving our way through Rockefeller Center and Times Square. It was annoying and at some points, a little terrifying, but enjoyable overall I suppose ;p


My boyfriend, the Unibomber with one of his Christmas/anniversary gifts.


Christmas dinner. Turkey (it's not undercooked as the picture might suggest, the recipe I used calls for breast down while roasting. Makes the breast meat all juicy and tender), biscuits, stuffing, gravy, lobster fruit salad.


Home of the Rockettes. And Santa. The tree changes colors!


Some craft store we passed by. I thought this was neat.


Liz Lemon, I miss you. Can't wait for more 30 Rock!


Rockefeller Center and the famous Christmas tree... And the ridiculous amount of people. CRAZY.


Saks Fifth. I almost got trampled to death while trying to make my way toward Fifth Avenue. At one point, I could have sworn my feet left the ground, and I was just being pushed along by the crowd. I was SO ready to punch someone in the face. People were being ridiculous. REEEEEDICUUUULOUS.


GE building in all its glory. *Cue 30 Rock theme song*


Times Square: the Great White Way.


Playing with the widescreen setting.


Beautiful red roses from Dan for our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been a year already. It feels nice.

And so just like that, Christmas has come and gone. The year's almost over. It's a bit surreal how fast time has passed and how much has changed. I think 2008 was an overall good year for me. There were a few ups and downs, but I survived. I gotta say, I'm looking forward to 2009.

I smell change.

No comments: