There have been several times this semester (and maybe also past semester) when I realized how fast everything is moving, and how rapidly I am "growing up." I only have one more full year of college left. After that, it's off to the real world for me.
And what is the "real" world anyway? What does that mean for a history major like me? Grad school? Jobless? Broke? In huge debt? Temp jobs? I don't really know. It's a bit terrifying to think about. BUT the important thing is that I have been thinking about, and I've been thinking about it a lot (my momma would be proud *tear). What DO I want to do with my life and what CAN I do with my history major? As of late, I've been looking a lot into the museum and historical societies field. I think I would enjoy working in a museum. I think. I've also been looking at research internships and communications/marketing internships. Pretty much anything I can get my hands on that somewhat apply to my major and/or job experiences. After meeting with an advisor at the career center, I discovered that my previous jobs at Mega and Gracie Mansion (and my current position as secretary for Sigma) qualify me for the "Communications Experience" title on my resume. Okay, that's cool. I can totally work with that. I love euphemisms. They make my resume look so much better.
Point is, I'm not just lazing around worrying about more. I'm actually doing something. I'm being proactive. A phrase I picked up at the resume workshop I went to on Tuesday. Go me.
1 comment:
hi! ok. so i just wanna recommend marketing class if you've got room to spare in your schedule. i took it with professor hope this past fall and it was phenomenal. and definitely relevant.
hope everything is going well! you must study abroad!
Post a Comment