I love the holiday season. I love the decorations, the music, the shopping, the feeling, everything. But I haven't really been feeling it much lately. In my house, the tree and decorations are dependent upon me. I'm the one who puts up the decorations and sets up the tree and all that jazz. We haven't had a Christmas tree in my house in 2 years because I don't get back from school until a few days before Christmas. But it shouldn't matter that we don't have a tree or decorations because the true meaning of Christmas isn't about any of the commercialism that we love oh so much. I have to remember that. I have to admit, I do enjoy the holiday season and all the hustle and bustle of it all, but it's not that important. I guess I'm feeling a bit disappointed right now because today doesn't feel any different. My house is quiet; my grandma is taking her nap and my dad and cousin are watching TV downstairs. I don't know. I'm losing my words.
Anyhoo, on to cheerier things! Last Wednesday, a bunch of us got together at Dan's apartment and had a big ol' Thanksgiving feast. Except we called it a Christmas feast. And it was so good, that we're probably going to have a Valentine's Day feast. And a St. Patrick's Day one too. We had a lot of food and it was amazing. It is definitely going to become a tradition.
A picture of us looking semi-normal...minus the boys in the back. Yeah, this is how we do. I love these people <3
A picture of all the food. So much goodness! Actually, that isn't even all of it. There's still a couple of dishes that aren't featured in this picture. Hah, there was so many of us cooking and baking that we had to take turns with the oven and the stove. We had several rounds of food. Ohhh, Dan's turkey was really tasty. Mmm'mmm good. 
And here is a picture of my sweet potato casserole with marshmallows! It was my first time making it and it turned out really well. Dan and the black man from Myrtle Beach liked it a lot, so I'm happy ^^ I'll definitely make it again next time for our V-day feast. Ohh, I want to make garlic mashed potatoes too. And cookies. And cake. I can't wait! :)
1 comment:
it's funny. a good friend of mine bought me a cook book for christmas ..and i too can't stop thinking about what to make next. cooking is so much fun! hey, i like the effect of the marshmallows : )
Post a Comment