Oh snap! I'm 20 years old today. I can't believe that my teenage years have already passed me by. I still remember when I first turned 13 and I got so excited because I thought being a teenager was going to be so cool. Hah! And in a blink of an eye, I'm 20. WTF! When did I grow up? I don't feel any different, but then again, when does it ever "feel" different?
I got a card from Kathy and flowers from Caleb yesterday. And I had a surprise birthday dinner last night with Dan, Cindy, Oronde, Alvin and Min. I must say, Dan got me good. I had NO idea that the rest of them were going to be there. I even saw Alvin when we were walking in, but I didn't really think anything of it, haha. I just thought, "Oh, it's Alvin. Okay." Hahaa, and then Cindy scared the crap outta me by jumping out and yelling, "SURPRISE!!!!!" It was a nice night though. Cindy gave me "How to Become a Domestic[ated] Goddess"; she made her own adjustment to the book and added the "ated".
We ate so much free bread and drew on the table. The best part was when our waiter gave me a huge piece of chocolate cake, and this other Asian waiter sang "Happy Birthday" to me in ITALIAN. It was kind of awkward, but really funny at the same time. So that's what it's like being serenaded by a stranger, haha.
And then Dan gave me the biggest surprise of all when we got back to his apartment. A white Nintendo DS Lite along with Mario Kart!!! Heheee, I'm so thankful to have such wonderful friends! It made spending my birthday in Rochester a lot more enjoyable ^_^
I still can't believe I'm 20.
No comments:
Post a Comment