Rochester weather has got to make up its mind. A few days ago, it was warm, sunny and beautiful. Now it's cloudy, windy, rainy and cold. I went from flip flops to winter jacket in a matter of days. Something is wrong with that sentence. At least the weekend has a positive outlook; it's supposed to be 80 degrees! 30 degree jump in two days. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, MOTHER NATURE.
Right.
Ahem.
Anyhoo. I had mentioned a few posts ago about my dilemma of whether I should go to Shanghai for a few weeks after I finished finals or attend Dan's graduation instead. WELL, my mother solved it for me. I'm not going to China and I'm not going to Dan's graduation.
A few weeks back when I called my mom to discuss the issue, she yelled at me about being frivolous (Mind you, she was yelling at me in Chinese. Frivolous is the best translation I could come up with) for wanting to go back to Rochester with Dan's parents for his graduation. Imagine that. Me, being frivolous for wanting to attend the most important day in my boyfriend's college career. Yeah, Mom. How silly of me. @%%@#$!@%@!!
Ahem. Getting back to my story, she then proceeded to tell me that she already booked the tickets for her and my dad to Shanghai, and it was too late to get me one, so I would have to stay home while they go traipsing around Shanghai. It wouldn't be so bad if I had something to do (like a job/internship ... WHICH I DON'T. YET. I'm still looking) or if I had my license and a car to drive myself around in (though I have a feeling, even if I did have my license, I wouldn't even be allowed to drive my dad's car. He'd probably take the keys with him to China to prevent me from driving it). I still think it's a little ridiculous that my mom won't let me go to Dan's graduation. Shoot, it's ridiculous that I even asked her for permission. I am, technically, an adult, capable of making my own decisions. Yet, my mother still treats me like I'm 16 years old. And I let her.
This is really all my fault. I need to break away.
NEED TO MOVE OUT AFTER GRADUATION. ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment