Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's all about family

Now that Dan is back in New York, I've been spending the past few days in Brooklyn with him and his family. On Monday, we went to the movies with his mom and his cousin to watch Night at the Museum 2, went grocery shopping, ate dinner and watched TV together. On Tuesday, I went with Dan and his dad to Ikea to buy some new furniture for Dan's room and then ate dinner at his place, and watched TV with his mom afterward. Today, I hung around and kept Dan company (and played Sims 2, haha) while he unpacked and built his new shelf thingermajig and then we ate with his parents at this Vietnamese restaurant for dinner (I am in love with banh mi's now, btw. I don't know why this hadn't happened sooner, but now is better than never).

I feel comfortable with his family. I feel so "at home." He's from an exceptionally large family, and a lot of the times, I'm envious because I wish my family was bigger and closer. Being an only child can be lonely sometimes and I miss having my family close by like I used to when I was growing up.

Dan's cousin drew this picture of me and Dan while we were watching TV on Monday. I'm not sure why Dan has a unibrow, but isn't it cute? It makes my heart smile :)

2 comments:

Angry Asian said...

yes, the picture is cute.:)

banh mi = awesomest sandwich ev.er. {jealous} we don't have any banh mi places in baltimore.

your summer seems to be going so well!

Unknown said...

i think the artistic gene skipped my parents' kids only, because ALL my cousins draw very well. cute.