Tuesday, May 5, 2009

For those who are wondering...

I'll be working at the National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI) in downtown Manhattan for the summer, right next to Battery Park. The NMAI in NYC is a Smithsonian Institution and is housed in the Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House (or is it the George Gustav Heye Center?). It says both those places on their website, but I have no idea what the name of the actual building is. In any case, that's where I'll be for the summer.



Come check it out! It's FREE admission (Did I catch the attention of all you Asians out there?) AND there are a lot of things to do around the area, like go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island after you go to the museum. A lot of people have never heard of NMAI, and to be honest, I've never either until I applied for this internship. BUT, I'm really excited about this opportunity. I think I'm going to check it out when I get back home :)

3 comments:

cynthia chung said...

hey! I worked right next to that during spring break.. and my sister works across the street. LOL cool! congrats!!

hateitorloveit said...

hey christy congrats on the internship i hope its paid =P if not its okay b/c you still got one unlike me =(. hope all is well and i hope one day we can all hang out one day and catch up

Angry Asian said...

congrats on your internship.

Come check it out! It's FREE admission (Did I catch the attention of all you Asians out there?) hilarious but sooooo true!