Monday, August 31, 2009

Feeling homesick...

I didn't think homesickness would set in so early (I've only been here a week and 2 days!), but it has. I got sick over the weekend, and felt really miserable yesterday. I had a pounding headache all weekend, and a mild episode of food poisoning on Sunday. I should have stayed in my room and rested, but instead, I went to Tiananmen Square with a bunch of IES classmates. It was nice to see Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, but it was exhausting. We did a lot of walking ... under the scorching sun. And my camera felt really heavy yesterday and made my neck sore. We got back around 5:30pm, I went out to eat, and then popped some Nyquil and went to bed at 8pm. I didn't sleep that well; the people in the hallway were really loud and obnoxious. I was really miserable.

I'm sorry, I sound like such a wimpy whiner. But I really felt terrible yesterday. Ugh.

A lot of the friends I've made moved out this past weekend into their homestays, so I am feeling extra lonely. I really miss them! Seeing people in class is not the same as having them in the dorms. My Chinese roommate moves in next week. I hope she's nice, and that we'll be good friends.

I have pictures to post up from Friday when I met up with Yayi and we went to Nan Luo Gu Xiang and Hou Hai, as well as pictures from Wang Fu Jin (I ate scorpions on a stick. Yum...) on Saturday and Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City on Sunday. I think I will do that in the next post because I really need to study my Chinese right now. I didn't study yesterday because I went to bed early, and I sucked in class today. Need to change that!

加油!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

after posting that, i have found out that i am not the only one! lol well of course i'm not but at least i will know a few gals that have the same problem. we learn to deal with it though eh?