My days in Beijing are numbered. I have 12 days left in this country that I've come to known over the course of four months. And while it's been fun and I would definitely come back here someday, I'm ready to go back home to New York. I miss my family and friends. I miss Flushing. I miss Manhattan. I miss my favorite places to eat. I miss NYC style pizza. China's been great and I've had an awesome experience here, but I'm ready for home. Foreals.
I can't wait to spend the holidays back home. I LOVE New York during the holiday season. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love the decorations, I love the lights and I love Rockefeller Center (I almost typed out Rochester. Freudian slip? Probably..) and the gi-normous Christmas tree. I feel all giddy right now just thinking about all that I will be going home to.
It's a bit surreal to think how fast my time in China has passed by. When I first got here, I thought to myself, "Wow. Four months is a loooong time." And now, I have 12 days left (actually, 11 days and 10 hours ... but who's counting? Pshhh). To be honest, I'm a little sad to leave. There are a lot of things in China that I won't have back in the States. For instance, bargaining power. I won't be able to bargain for anything in the States because everything is at a set price. Don't mind me if we're hanging out and I try to bargain for a lower price on something that I obviously can't get for cheaper, haha.
BUT, I'm not that sad. I'm pretty freakin' excited to go home. I just have to get through all my final exams and papers and then I am home free!
1 comment:
Time really flies way to fast here. I'm going to miss you tons when we all leave 北京. 我们要抓紧时间在一起. :)
Post a Comment