Coffee and papers seem to go hand in hand.
At least they seem to go together perfectly for me. Whenever I'm working on a paper, there's always a coffee sitting next to my laptop.
I am currently sitting in Starbucks at the Golden Resources Mall (largest mall in the world), attempting to work on my final history paper. I'm listening to Owl City. I think they're a new band? I've been hearing a lot about them from my friends so I downloaded their album last night and have been listening to it since. I know I should be working on my paper right now, but in my defense, I'm downloading this article that I need for my paper, so I'm just waiting for it to finish downloading.
I have 5 days left in Beijing! I've already started packing and am pretty much done with one of my suitcases.
Last night I did my laundry and hung up my clothes on the line to dry when my curtains, along with the pole fell down. The thing just came out of the wall. It's because you're technically not supposed to hang your clothesline on the curtains because if there is too much weight on it, the whole thing will come down. I've been drying my laundry on it all semester, and of course, with my luck, the whole thing came down last night. My roommate and I called the building people to get it fixed, but they can't fix it until tomorrow... so right now we have no curtains to cover our huge window! It sucks because our room faces east so this morning, the sunshine poured into our room which made it hard to sleep in.
And I keep finding chunks of wall and dust everywhere. I wiped my laptop a bunch of times already, but I still feel like it's dusty and dirty.
I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I am leaving in 5 days. When I first got here in August, I kept thinking that I had so much time here and now all that time is gone. Four months passed by so fast. And my month long break is going to pass by quickly too. Next thing I know, it'll be time to return to Rochester for my LAST semester of college. Seriously, where HAS the time gone?
I'm going to turn 22 in three months, and I'm graduating in five months. WHAAAT. Ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment