Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Heat wave!

The weather has been disgustingly hot and humid this week and it's only going to get hotter from here. Tomorrow is supposed to be 94 degrees and Friday is supposed to reach 100 degrees! Isn't that ridiculous? I'm personally not a fan of hot weather so being in this kind of weather is miserable for me. I would take being cold over being hot any day. I can't wait for this heat wave to be over. 

Because of this nasty weather, I always feel sticky and sweaty. And I hate it. My face always feels oily and it drives me nuts. I think it's contributing to the pimples I've been getting this week. Actually, they're more like blemishes because of my bad habits (I won't go into it; don't want to gross anyone out). I have one on my nose and another on my chin. And of course, they're both smack dab in the middle of my face. It makes me feel hideous. Oh yeah, and get this, I have a pimple on my left eyelid. I don't know how it got there, but it's there and it hurts. Blergh. Even though it's not very noticeable, in my mind, the blemishes are HUGE. I'm not used to getting breakouts so when I actually do break out, it's a big deal to me. 

The other contributing factor to my breakouts is probably the unhealthy things I've been consuming lately. I need better eating habits. Last weekend's seafood fest at Jordan's Lobster Dock probably did not help (so much fried food and butter!). This is what I get for loving food. In the words of my mother, my internal body temperature is too hot from all the oily foods, so my body is retaliating by way of acne.

As a result, I've been trying to eat healthier and lighter. I try. But I don't always succeed. I backtracked today and had halal for lunch. And maybe a bottle of Coke. Yeah, not great. I need to try harder. To make up for the unhealthy lunch, I made myself a cucumber salad for dinner. Yeah, I know it doesn't really cancel out the crap I ate for lunch, but just let me think it does. It'll make me feel a little bit better about myself :p

The salad was very simple and light. Kirby cucumbers, garlic, rice vinegar, sugar and toasted sesame seeds. I didn't follow a recipe; just eyeballed the amounts and threw it all together. It tasted all right, but it could use some tweaking. And after my kind of healthy dinner, I munched on some strawberries while watching reruns of 30 Rock on Netflix and doing my homework.

(Playing with the Camera+ app on my phone)

Now I'm off to wash my face and do a cleansing mask. Go away blemishes! You're ruining my week :(

2 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

ahhh the food looks soo good especially for a HOT HOT summer day!!

Mandy England said...

Oh, eating a healthy dinner TOTALLY cancels out an unhealthy lunch ;) In my mind it does, anyways... my husband calls it "Mandynomics" because I think the same way about money... save some here, then I can buy a shirt for "free" :P