Thursday, July 21, 2011

The sun is hot in the sky, just like a giant spotlight.

This heat wave is serious business. I got this picture off the Weather Channel website. Isn't it CRAZY? The U.S. looks like it's on fire! The entire country is going through a ridiculous heat wave. We're all suffering together. Sigh. I have never wished for cooling rain so much than right now. Rain, rain, please come this way! 




After writing up my entry yesterday (I'm trying really hard to be diligent about updating this blog! I want to be able to look back one day and remember exactly what I did because I wrote (read: typed) it all down), I showered, washed my face and slathered on this deep pore cleansing masque by Kiehl's. I love Kiehl's products. They are the bomb diggity. One of my favorite products by Kiehl's is their eye makeup remover lotion. With a name like "Supremely Gentle Eye Makeup Remover", it definitely lives up to its name. But anyway, back to the clay masque. It is a grayish color and has a cool feel when you put it on your face. I usually leave it on for 15-20 minutes, though I've left it on longer because I lost track of time. There's a slight tingling sensation; that's how I know it's working! After 15 minutes, I wash it off and then follow my regular nighttime skincare routine. I always feel so clean and refreshed after doing this masque. If you're looking to purchase a clay masque, I'd recommend this one. It's on the expensive side ($25), but I think it's a good investment because it'll last you a while and it helps to purify your skin and minimize your pores (with regular use; 1-2 times a week). 


If you notice, the pictures in this post are a bit nicer than the ones in my previous ones ;) I am trying to utilize my DSLR instead of relying on my phone all the time. It's been nearly two years since I purchased my Nikon for my semester in China. When I first bought it, I took my camera with me everywhere. It was my baby. I was in love. You would literally have to pry it out of my hands. I was obsessed with taking pictures.

Now... not so much. After I came back from China, I started up my 365 self portrait project so that I could learn more about photography. But, that was also my last semester of college so I got really caught up in enjoying senior year. I've become very lazy about bringing my camera with me everywhere. It's heavy yo. I've even gotten lazy about just taking pictures. I'm the worst. BUT! I'm trying to take more pictures, whether it be with my DSLR or my point-and-shoot or even my phone. Phone pictures are better than no pictures. If you look through my iPhoto, you can see how the number of pictures has dropped in the recent years. It makes me sad to see that.

Here's a picture of today's lunch: plain yogurt, Special K: Vanilla Almond, strawberries and bananas. Yum! Much better than what I had yesterday. I love mixing yogurt and cereal together. I picked up the habit in college from Dan. The first time I saw him do it, I thought it was kind of weird, but I quickly changed my mind after I had a spoonful of his cereal and yogurt.



It's almost the weekend! I'm going bowling again this weekend with Dan, hahaha. I just can't get enough. My legs are going to be getting another workout. I want to perfect my form and work on my aiming. That is my goal for this weekend. That, and studying for my midterm on Monday... eep.

1 comment:

Mandy England said...

Mmmm, that really does look delicious! And healthy! I love yogurt, special k, and fruit, so I bet they would be great together! :)