Friday, July 31, 2009

Canon v. Nikon

I've been spending the last couple of days researching DSLRs. I have been looking at them for a while now, but this time, I'm seriously considering purchasing one. Like, forrealz yo. I have a lot of spare time when I am at work and naturally, I spend all that extra time surfing the net, reading reviews on Canon and Nikon. Actually, for a while, I was pretty set on the new Canon Rebel T1i. But then, the Nikon D60 came into the picture. A friend suggested it as a great entry level camera for amateur photographers.

OH THE DILEMMA.

I spent a good chunk of my afternoon at work today, going back and forth between the two. The Canon T1i is pretty pricey considering this is going to be my first DSLR, but the features (and megapixels)!! But price is a big thing, so I started looking at its predecessor, the Canon Rebel XSi. And then I researched the D60 for awhile. And you know what? I still have no idea which one I want to get.

OY. I am going to get one though. I want to have it for my semester abroad in Beijing. I want to take beautiful pictures of my experience in China.

I'm going to decide soon though. I was really tempted to buy one today, but I restrained myself. I can be a bit of a compulsive buyer at times. I need to do some hands on research at B&H. Then I'll decide.

1 comment:

SweetFurr said...

I'd vote for canon. I tried nikon D90, d5000 and were disappointed by the color turnout. It's either too white/dark or too yellow. Canon T1i which i have now is a lot easier to take pictures that are true to real color.